Ours is a do-it-yourself society.
Nonetheless, we also know there are some things best left to professionals — jobs too important to risk doing ourselves.
Those jobs include building a financial strategy. Not that there isn't the temptation to try to reach your financial goals on your own. In the short run, you might even save some money. Over the long term, though, wouldn't you rather rely on a specialist?
Do I need a financial professional?
With so much information so readily available, it's easy to feel like a financial professional. But try asking yourself these simple questions:
- Do I have a clear understanding of my financial goals?
- Do I understand all the investment options available to help me toward reaching those goals?
- Do I know which of those options are appropriate for me?
- Do I have the expertise to build a financial strategy and the discipline to stick to it through good times and bad?
- Do I have the time and expertise required to monitor and manage my investments?
If you answered "no" to even one of these questions, you may want to consider talking to a financial professional.
What can I expect?
Truly effective financial professionals begin by assessing their clients' needs, not by simply recommending specific investments. You can expect your professional to begin by:
- Assessing your current financial situation
- Helping identify your financial needs
- Determining your risk tolerance
- Establishing your investment time horizon
- Helping you formulate a long-term investment strategy
Next, you can expect a financial professional to research a variety of investment choices and match them to your specific needs. This includes:
- Explaining the risks and rewards of each type of investment
- Explaining how each type of investment works
- Helping you build an asset allocation strategy
Once you've worked together to choose the investments that are appropriate for you, you can expect an ongoing relationship with your financial professional. This means:
- Reviewing your personal and financial situation on a regular basis
- Reviewing your portfolio and helping you make adjustments when necessary
- Guiding you through the ups and downs of investing
How do I choose the right financial professional?
Choosing your financial professional could be the most important investment decision you'll make. Think about:
- Does this person understand my investment goals?
- Does this person respect my tolerance for risk?
- Am I comfortable saying "no" to one of the recommendations?
- Would I recommend this person's services to my friends or family?
Because your investment and insurance needs are unique, you'll want to find someone who will take the time to understand your goals and work with you to make your dreams come true. In fact, when it comes to building a long-term investment strategy, a well-chosen financial professional may be your most valuable asset.
Why choose a Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation financial professional?
For more than 50 years, Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation has offered investors a wide array of securities and insurance-related programs through a nationwide network of financial professionals.
We provide our financial professionals with the specialized support they require to help meet their clients' individual needs. This includes access to a multitude of mutual funds as well as a broad spectrum of other products. In addition, Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation offers its financial professionals access to the stock and bond markets.
By combining its tradition of quality, service and strength with the experience and expertise of financial professionals nationwide, Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation can offer help with your financial needs.
Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and the Securities Investors Protection Corporation (SIPC).